Awareness is one of the first steps to prevention
Each day, Bivona welcomes children who have endured the trauma of sexual and physical abuse, providing them with critical services and working to minimize trauma for each child and their family. We cannot do this work alone, and look to you to help spread awareness to encourage prevention.
Our "Community Resource" page was created for you, our community. We hope that you are able to utilize what you find here, and throughout the rest of our website to impart change. As you continue to read this page, you will find sharable content (including posters, social media posts, and more), links to additional resources, and a pledge. Thank you for visiting this page!
What to do if you suspect, or would like to report, an abuse:
Make the pledge to #helpkids.
Children who have endured the trauma of sexual and physical abuse deserve our support. This April, join Bivona Child Advocacy Center and organizations across the country to make a pledge to help kids. Commit to breaking down communication barriers and social stigmas of silence and shame, and join us in putting children first each and every day. By making the pledge below, you are committing to think about it, talk about it, and to do something to help prevent child abuse from occurring in our community. The work we need to do is not done, but together we can make a difference in the lives of kids.
Think About It. Talk About It. Do Something.
Please feel free to download and share our content to friends, family, and co-workers. Awareness is the first step to prevention!
- Suspect Abuse? Visit our web page for more information on what to do if you suspect abuse.
- Common Questions - Answers to the most frequently asked questions about the investigative process at Bivona.
- External Links - National and local resources for child abuse, domestic violence, and more.
- Learn the Lingo - Learn the professional terminology used in child abuse investigations.
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month 2017 (posted by ChildWelfare.gov)