Open That Bottle Night Presented by Sage Rutty
What is Open That Bottle Night?
OTBN was created in the late ‘90s by John Brecher and Dorothy Gaiter, who wrote a wine column for the Wall Street Journal. They had noted that many people would buy special bottles of wine, store them in their homes or wine cellars and never open them because they were deemed “too special” for almost any occasion. Dottie and John thought that once a year people should get together with their friends and “open that bottle” and designated the last Saturday in February as Open That Bottle Night. The concept resonated with people and thousands of people started hosting OTBN parties, and it continues to gain in popularity every year.
Bivona's Open That Bottle Night Tradition
OTBN is Bivona’s signature fundraising event and the preeminent OTBN party in Rochester. Over the last 13 years, OTBN has raised more than $3 million for Bivona. Each person or couple is asked to bring a bottle of their favorite wine to share with their table. The evening includes a silent auction and wine tasting during cocktail hour, dinner (when guests enjoy and share the wine they brought), and a live auction.
When & Where is Bivona's Open That Bottle Night 2019?
The 2019 Open That Bottle Night will be held Saturday, February 9th, at Locust Hill Country Club. The event starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $200 per person.
Support Bivona Child Advocacy Center & Open That Bottle Night
• Become an event sponsor: Sponsorship opportunities are available at several levels.
• Become a table captain: Do you know nine other wine lovers? Consider being a table captain. Seating at OTBN consists of tables of 10, and as a table captain, you choose who to invite to your table and share your special bottle of wine with.
• Donate an auction item: Donation of items for our silent and live auctions, including gift baskets, travel packages, sports tickets and memorabilia, wine, spirits, gift certificates, etc., is always appreciated.
• Place and ad in the program: Full and half-page ads are available in our program book.
• Contribute a monetary donation: Can’t attend this year’s event? Please consider making a contribution to Bivona. Every dollar donated helps expand our reach and support of children and families in our community.
Contact Bivona’s Events Manager at 585-935-7831, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all who attended our 2018 event! View photos of the event below.
Many thanks to our top sponsors!
Mark & Marcia Siewert