Dental & Vision
Simple IRA and Employer Match
Competitive PTO Policy
On-site Fitness Center
Social Get-Togethers and Team Building
Overview & Summary
Bivona Child Advocacy Center seeks an outgoing and energetic individual for the position of Events Manager. This position is responsible for the execution of Bivona’s fundraising events including Cheers for Children, Open that Bottle Night Gala, Bivona’s Child Abuse Summit and the Bivona Golf Tournament. This is a fundraising position focused on revenue generation and participant recruitment. Successful candidates will have experience working on social events, specifically galas, golf tournaments, educational programs/conferences, and other fundraising events. The Events Manager is responsible for recruitment and cultivation strategies, development and management of effective volunteer committees, securing sponsors, and the logistics and successful execution of events. Candidates should be highly organized, detail –oriented, and have excellent writing and communication skills. This position reports to and works closely with the Director of Development and will have extensive contact with Board members, committee members and volunteers.
This position reports to the Director of Development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Becomes familiar with Bivona’s mission, programs, and events and be comfortable speaking in front of and educating others.
- Demonstrates the ability to project a professional and knowledgeable image on behalf of Bivona.
- Is responsible for achieving revenue, volunteer, recruitment and event management goals.
- In tandem with Director of Development, creates and maintains fundraising event budgets and develops a recruitment and engagement plan to build awareness about Bivona’s fundraising events and mission.
- Works closely with the Marketing and Communications Specialist to develop a marketing and communications plan.
- Creates content for event emails and websites, invitations, and sponsorship packages.
- Solicits event sponsors and secure in-kind donations of goods and services.
- Plans and executes logistics before, day-of, and post-event including but not limited to securing event venues, appropriate permits and insurance certificates, pre-event marketing and advertising, delivery of sponsor benefits and sponsorship fulfillment reports, contracting with vendors, etc.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records/data reports to evaluate and manage events against industry best practices.
- Provides superior customer service to constituents through online support, timely responses to emails and telephone communications.
- Performs general administrative responsibilities including data entry, mailings, etc. and other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate proficiency in meeting competencies required for position; able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Results-oriented professional with a minimum of five years successful experience managing large events in a not-for-profit environment or related field.
- High school diploma is required, college degree preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Excellent project management skills, is detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and facilitation skills.
- Creative thinker who is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and projects.
- Adept at generating and analyzing event metrics.
- Must be positive and energetic and leads by example through personal effort and initiative to meet fundraising and sponsorship strategies for events.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with many different constituencies.
- Mission driven with unquestionable integrity.
- Ability to develop and sustain excellent working relationships with individuals, businesses and organizations.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with limited supervision.
- Comfortable networking and possesses the inherent ability to adapt to change.
- Must be able to communicate persuasively the importance of supporting Bivona’s mission.
- Proficient with computer applications, (Microsoft Office Suite), including word processing, spreadsheets, and database and event software.
- Ability to travel locally and work flexible hours on nights and weekends.
- Respect for diversity and a commitment to providing culturally competent and inclusive services.
- Ability to stand for several hours.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs.
How to Apply:
Please submit an employment application, cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
Click here to download our employment application.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.