Overview & Summary
The Development Intern will work directly with the Bivona Development Team to research prospects, assist with special events, and volunteer coordination. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit development work and learn about child advocacy. This internship is an unpaid internship and reports to the Director of Development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth research on funding possibilities for programs and initiatives and assist with the development of program specific grant proposals
- Represent Bivona at community and corporate events
- Works closely with the Special Events Manager to assist with the planning and implementation of Bivona’s special events and third party events
- In close collaboration with Volunteer Outreach Coordinator, assist with volunteer recruitment to support agency needs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate proficiency in meeting competencies required for position; able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Communications, Marketing, Business major or other related field of study preferred
- Must be comfortable making phone solicitations
- Be responsible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of the Bivona Child Advocacy Center
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficient with computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to multitask
- Interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising.
- Must consent to a background check
- Completion of Bivona Volunteer Core Training:
- Bivona Orientation and Tour (2 hours)
- Darkness to Light (D2L) Stewards of Children Training (2 hours)
- A confidentiality statement must be signed and a background check must be cleared.
- Minimum requirement is 10 weeks (8 weeks during the summer) for a minimum of 120 hours.
- Hours are flexible within the 8:30-4:30 p.m. range, Monday through Friday.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to developmentcareers@BivonaCAC.org. No phone inquiries, please.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.