Dental & Vision
Simple IRA and Employer Match
Competitive PTO Policy
On-site Fitness Center
Social Get-Togethers and Team Building
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Overview & Summary
This position will provide a wide range of services to support the programmatic, public relations, and philanthropic goals of Bivona. We are looking for someone who loves working as a part of a multidisciplinary development team and is open to exploring new tactics to engage the public’s support of Bivona and work towards the elimination of child abuse. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 1-3 years of previous experience and a deep desire to use the skills of marketing to make the world a safer place for children.
This position reports to the Director of Development and works collaboratively with the development and program departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project manage tactical components of the agency marketing/PR plan to increase agency awareness, program outcomes, community education of child sexual abuse, and philanthropic activity
- Activate and coordinate participation of all key stakeholders in the execution of the marketing/PR plan
- Coordinate creative assets of the agency, including auditing, inventorying, creating and storing communications materials, while ensuring the integrity of branding guidelines
- Collaboratively manage agency websites to ensure functionality, develop creative assets and layout and update with current ongoing activities and initiatives
- Copy write and produce printed and electronic collateral – annual report, e-newsletter, website content, etc.
- Provide promotional support to agency fundraising and awareness events
- Build social media presence; maintain communications calendar
- Collaborate with Events Manager and special events committees to develop and execute effective promotional strategies and materials for all fundraising events
- Collaborate with Director of Development on developing and adhering to marketing budget
- Write and pitch media alerts, press releases, op-ed/guest editorials
- Plan press conferences
- Proactive and ongoing relationship development of key media contacts
- Generate media opportunities for agency leadership
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate proficiency in meeting competencies required for position; able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Results-oriented professional with a minimum of five years successful experience managing large events in a not-for-profit environment or related field.
- High school diploma is required, college degree preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications/Public Relations
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in directly related field
- Demonstrated experience with brand management or product management
- Proven project management experience
- Outstanding technical skills (including website management) and ability to use standard design tools (Adobe Creative Suite), Microsoft Office, and marketing tools
- Graphic Design experience
- Experience with managing and developing websites
- Strong familiarity with social media e-mail marketing software programs
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, preferably with copywriting/editing experience
- Masterful at interpersonal relationship building and management
- Ability to be a creative thinker with some autonomy who meets demanding deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Respect for diversity and a commitment to providing culturally competent and inclusive services
- Ability to stand for several hours.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs.
How to Apply:
Please submit an employment application, cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
Applicants who do not provide all application requirements will not be considered for this position.
Click here to download our employment application.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.