Overview & Summary
Supervision provided by the Marketing and Communications Specialist, marketing interns assist with promoting and marketing Bivona Child Advocacy Center and its events.
Duties & Responsibilities
Position Description (specific duties/responsibilities - varies):
- Assist with writing, editing and publishing press releases, media advisories, PSA’s, community calendar notices, publications, Facebook postings, and other materials promoting Bivona
- Create, assemble and mail publicity for special events and programs
- Update social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) asinstructed
- Create content for social media channels
- Assist in making minor web updates
- Assemble and record press clippings
- Assess and track the performance of social media channels
- Attend and support events as needed
- Assist with marketing and public relations efforts for Bivona’s special events (CHEERS for Children!; Open That Bottle Night; Golf Tournament; and Annual Bivona Child Abuse Summit)
- Maintain community calendars and press contacts ensuring they are up to date
- Monitor, coordinate and assist with the distribution of our promotional marketing materials (posters, flyers and brochures) identifying new opportunities for distribution.
- Assist the marketing specialist with hands-on projects
- Attend Development/Marketing Committee meetings when appropriate and able
- Positive attitude, willingness to succeed
- Proven journalism skills
- Experience in photography
- Computer/typing skills using MS Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint; Internet; Social Media Channels and Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic design experience preferred, not required
Bivona Volunteer Core Training to be completed:
- Bivona folder, tour of facility
- Darkness to Light (D2L) Stewards of Children Training (2 hours)
- Bivona Orientation (2 hours)
Specialized Training, as applicable, to be completed:
- Training on the procedures of writing press releases, media advisories, PSA’s, community calendar notices, methods of editing.
- Training in social media management and content creation.
Special Requirements: Confidentiality statement must be signed.
Schedule/Hours Required: The hours for this position are flexible based upon the volunteer/intern’s availability during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Length of Assignment: Minimum commitment of one semester
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Molly Snell-Larch, Volunteer & Administrative Specialist at email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Bivona Child Advocacy Center is an equal opportunity employer. State and Federal Law prohibits discrimination because of age, sex, race, color creed, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest or conviction, national origin, disability, genetic predisposition, history of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description is not to be construed as a guarantee of employment for a specific time. Should you become employed, your employment with the Company does not constitute any form of contract, implied or expressed, and such employment will be terminated at will either by you or the employer. Continued employment will be dependent on satisfactory performance and the continued need for your services as determined by the Company.