About Bivona's Building Hope Campaign
Thanks to a $500,000 lead gift by The Skalny Charitable Trust, plus 446 private and corporate contributions from the community, Bivona raised more than $5.1 million dollars in just three years to renovate and relocate to The Old Stone Warehouse at One Mount Hope Avenue.
Bivona's Building Hope Campaign launched in 2012 to meet the growing needs for child abuse investigation, evaluation and treatment, and to accommodate rapid growth within the agency. Since doors opened in 2004, Bivona tripled the number of children evaluated, tripled its partnerships, tripled its operating budget and underwent three facility upgrades at its former Lake Avenue location.
The Skalny Building at One Mt. Hope Avenue, formally the Old Stone Warehouse, is Rochester’s oldest commercial building. It was built in 1822 by Myron Holley and John Gilbert and in 1838, was converted into a foundry. In 1973, the building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now that the renovation and restoration is complete the Landmark Society recognizes the building as a National, State, and Local Historical Landmark.
Naming the entire building is a rewarding way to show your support of the work we do each day. A few naming opportunities are still available throughout our new space. To learn more, contact Jaime Anderson, Director of Development, at 585-935-7838.