Giving to Bivona Child Advocacy Center
It means more than you can know
We rely on donors to support a significant part of the funding necessary to operate the Bivona Child Advocacy Center.
The facilitation and integration of our team of professionals, and our child-friendly center, are largely the work of dedicated Bivona donors.
For some of the children who come to Bivona, this is the first time that they’ve been truly listened to and supported in a way that allows them to move forward to become healthy, productive adults. We are helping them make the transition to healing.
This is a cost-effective approach to helping children
Large savings are realized through the Child Advocacy Center approach. Rather than have the child and family navigate the maze of government and social agencies on their own, Bivona helps by coordinating all of those services and providing them in one child-friendly setting.
Children enter treatment and counseling more quickly, helping them to deal with the trauma of the abuse. Cases move to court or other resolution faster. All of the Bivona partner professionals find that the centralized, integrated team means their work is more streamlined, efficient and effective.
National studies indicate that the cost of providing children with coordinated care through a Child Advocacy Center saves about one-third of the cost of accessing the social and legal agencies individually.* The savings represent $1,000 per child. At Bivona we save the community about $1 million each year. And we mend some broken hearts, too.
Learn more about Bivona.
* Source: Executive Summary, Findings from the National Child Advocacy Center Cost-Benefit Analysis of Community Responses to Child Maltreatment, 2005. Download the PDF.
We run a fiscally responsible agency
We are respectful of our donor’s contributions and mindful of the responsibilities we’ve agreed to shoulder on behalf of the children of Greater Rochester. So you will find our financial stewardship to be conscientious, professional and thorough.
Donate to Bivona online, by mail, by phone—whatever’s convenient for you
We always welcome your generous gift—no matter how small or large. We are a 501(c)(3) public charity and donations are tax deductible to the extent the law allows.
Donate by fax
If you prefer, you can download the donation form, print, fill out and fax it to us at 585-935-7804.
Donate by mail
If you prefer to mail a check or money order, the address is:
Bivona Child Advocacy Center
275 Lake Avenue
Rochester, NY 14608
Donate by phone
Or, feel free to call us at 585-935-7800 and we can accept a credit card donation over the phone.
Our wish list is a way to provide tangible goods to Bivona
From stuffed animals to personal hygiene “goodie bags” to snacks for children, you can show your support for Bivona by donating some of the items on our wish list. Some of the items are used by our staff to run the office; others are given to children and families, many of whom may be facing a disruption in their home lives.
Discover some other ways to help Bivona
- Our fundraising events are fun, plus they support a great cause.
- Host your own fundraising event. We offer technical support and encouragement to supporters who’d like to organize their own benefit, with proceeds going to Bivona. Contact us!
- We rely on the generosity and good spirit of our many volunteers. They help out at the Center, during events, and behind the scenes on committees. Join us as a volunteer.
- Shop! We have a few great items in our store, and more to come.
- Give us your trash—ink jet and laser print cartridge recycling program. We get cash for your trash. We’ve teamed with Imagine It to recycle ink jet and laser print cartridges. Bivona receives a donation of up to $1 for each ink jet and up to $5 for each laser cartridge that is recycled. It all adds up, and keeps that ink and toner out of the landfill, too. Want to participate? You can drop off your cartridges, or Imagine It representatives will place a collection bin in your workplace and return to pick up the contents. Contact us!
For more information about ways to help Bivona, contact Donna Lipari at 585-935-7831 or via email at dliparibivonacac [dot] org.
You’re a kid? Help some other kids
There are many ways you could help, limited only by your imagination. We’ve got a few ideas for how you could spread the word about child abuse and the services at Bivona…and maybe raise a few bucks, too. But we’re looking for your ideas, too. Check it out: