Dental & Vision
Simple IRA and Employer Match
Competitive PTO Policy
On-site Fitness Center
Hot Dog Wednesdays
Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator
Overview & Summary
The Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator recruits, trains, and oversees volunteers interested in supporting the work and mission of Bivona Child Advocacy Center. This person will ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas within the organization with particular attention to Bivona’s front desk coverage, special event needs, and community outreach opportunities. This person will also coordinate aspects of Bivona’s gifts-inkind program and opportunities to provide a broad overview of Bivona to community groups.
This individual must subscribe to and promote Bivona’s mission, vision, and values and function as an active team member to achieve agency and department goals.
This position reports to the Director of Development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with staff to regularly assess needs for volunteer assistance and internship opportunities.
- Maintain an ongoing schedule of volunteer opportunities.
- Connect people interested in volunteering on committees or for unpaid internship opportunities with the appropriate Bivona staff contact.
- Recruit, interview, and place applicants for volunteer work.
- Develop and maintain relationships with volunteer organizations, community groups, and local colleges in the community in order to attend and recruit qualified volunteers or interns.
- Conduct telephone screens and interviews to gauge potential volunteer’s interests and skills.
- Work with Marketing & Communications Specialist to publicize opportunities for volunteers.
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
- Create and/or maintain job descriptions for each volunteer assignment.
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training.
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and recommend/implement changes as appropriate.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with staff to provide accurate information and assistance.
- Facilitate distribution of information including volunteer assignments and reminders as well as follow up communications.
- Schedule all volunteer activities and maintain accurate records to provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Work with the Bivona staff lead and serve as point person on-site for volunteers.
- Work with volunteers to resolve issues, promote cooperation, and encourage continued interest.
- Provide upfront training and ongoing support for volunteers related to the needs of children who have experienced trauma and their caregivers.
- General Outreach
- Staff tables at outreach events on behalf of Bivona to recruit volunteers, ways to give, share general information about Bivona’s work, and provide information/referrals as needed
- Help coordinate “Snacks & Facts” program with Bivona’s Director of Development and Community Educator
- Identify speaking opportunities to provide a broad overview about the work Bivona does and how people can get involved (volunteer, donate), connect the public to Bivona’s Community Educator for more in-depth conversations about child abuse and prevention
- Coordinate the needs of Bivona's gifts-in-kind donation programs including but not limited to:
- Community Closet
- Work closely with the Program Department (items needed) and the Director of Development (solicitation/funding) to maintain Bivona's Community Closet
- Utilize volunteers to maintain an up-to-date inventory and keep the Community Closet clean and orderly
- Wish List
- Ensure Bivona's Wish List is current, working with the Marketing & Communications Specialist to update the list on Bivona's website and promote "calls to action" for specific donated items via social media, proactively look for online and community resources to post Wish List items.
- Community Closet
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate proficiency in meeting competencies required for position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Associate’s degree. Two (2) years’ of work experience preferred.
- Customer service experience and/or experience managing volunteers in a professional or volunteer capacity a plus.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Superb customer service
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Flexible work schedule, including events on weekends/evenings
- Successful at maintaining focus through numerous interruptions; ability to multi task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Windows
- Skilled at working independently within a team
- Ability to lift 25 pound boxes to a height of 3-4 feet
How to Apply:
Please submit an employment application, cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please.
Click here to download our employment application.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.