Dental & Vision
Simple IRA and Employer Match
Competitive PTO Policy
On-site Fitness Center
Hot Dog Wednesdays
Director of Development
Overview & Summary
The Director of Development will foster a culture of philanthropy and enhance a donor-centered organization that nurtures loyalty through a comprehensive relationship building program including cultivation, solicitation and ongoing stewardship. This position will be responsible for establishing the goals, objectives and strategies for the Development Department as they relate to managing, coordinating and guiding the programmatic and logistical activities for Bivona Child Advocacy Center’s fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will directly supervise a team of employees responsible for special events, volunteer coordination, and all fundraising activities. This position reports to and works closely with the Executive Director and will have extensive contact with Board members and volunteers involved in stewardship plans and activities. This position acts as a member of Bivona’s leadership team in all activities both internal and external to the agency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, successfully oversee and manage major gifts, long term giving, and continuous growth of agency donor base.
- Manage all gift cultivation, solicitation and fundraising efforts including but not limited to: Annual appeals, corporate support, major and planned giving, endowed giving, capital giving and in-kind support.
- Responsible for a comprehensive major gifts program, including research, identification of potential donors, developing the case for giving and developing and maintaining relationships.
- Research and manage foundation/corporate funding; write all proposals to foundations while working closely with Associate Executive Director who writes governmental grants.
- Management of staff whose responsibilities includes special events, volunteer coordination and database collection.
- Play a leadership role in development and execution of a series of vibrant and evolving special events.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to update and implement a development plan and budget for Development Department.
- Works closely with Marketing Specialist and Executive Director to incorporate marketing efforts and brand awareness with long term Development outcomes, and in the execution of special events.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative reporting and analysis of donor giving to Executive Director, Stewardship Committee and Board of Directors.
- Develop, implement and manage post-campaign stewardship plan to secure significant support for new and emerging strategic priorities as well as ongoing agency needs.
- Develop and maintain an accurate and complete donor, prospect and constituent database to include individuals, corporations, organizations and foundations.
- Ensure prompt, accurate gift processing, gift acknowledgement and donor recognition activities.
- Recommend to Stewardship Committee and Executive Director any development policy and procedural changes.
- In close collaboration with Stewardship Committee chair, execute and manage meetings; take minutes and draft agendas, provide regular updates/communications to the committee where appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate proficiency in meeting competencies required for position; able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CFRE designation and/or Masters Degree is preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience in fund development in a not-for-profit environment or related field. Experience in social services setting preferred.
- Proficient with computer applications, (Microsoft Office Suite), including word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Proficient with fundraising software and current in knowledge of the evolving market of options.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Must be strategic and able to create a plan of action for development that balances the long and short term needs and capabilities. The ability to think broadly regarding the strengths, opportunities and challenges relative to setting realistic goals and the action plan to achieve them is essential.
- Must be a positive and energetic leader whom others turn to in getting things done and lead by example through personal effort and initiative.
- Mission driven with unquestionable integrity.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with many different constituencies.
- Outstanding leadership skills, managerial capability and the ability to evaluate and develop personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, facilitation skills and a collaborative management approach.
- Must be able to communicate persuasively the importance of philanthropy with an excellent track record in fund-development
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
- Respect for diversity and a commitment to providing culturally competent and inclusive services.
How to Apply:
Please submit an employment application, cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to drosen@BivonaCAC.org. No phone inquiries, please.
Click here to download our employment application.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.